We’re Wasting Billions Of Dollars Buying Premium Gas
This news may save us a few dollars at the pump.
Are you someone who spends that extra dollar to buy premium gas with the thought that it will make your car run better?
You might want to think again. According to Consumer Reports, a AAA study found that vehicles designed to run on regular gas did not show any emissions, fuel economy or horsepower improvement when using premium fuel. This means more than 16 million drivers are wasting money on unnecessary fuel upgrades.
Instead of spending money on premium gas, AAA recommends getting high-quality gas from a Top Tier Gas retailer. This includes stations such as 76, Chevron, Exxon, Mobil, Shell and more. These types of fuel go beyond the minimum standard for detergent additives to better protect engines from carbon buildup and deposits on the intake valves.
Consumers have begun to associate premium gas with better performance, but this is likely because cars that actually do require premium gas are high-performance cars. Only about 16 percent of vehicles require premium gas. For the people who use the other 84 percent of automobiles that don’t need premium, you’re better off saving your money and sticking to the cheapest option.
Good to know, isn’t it?
Photo by JeepersMedia