This Is The Best And Most Efficient Way To Clean Your Oven
When was the last time you cleaned your oven?
Here’s a great tip for the day: We’ve stumbled across this super effective way to clean your oven. It’s a way that I’ve never thought of before and could make the lives of anyone who cooks, bakes or just uses their oven regularly a whole lot easier. While the automatic oven clean cycle can work, this method takes cleaning to the next level.
The good folks at Newsner have provided some great tips on getting that oven sparklingly clean through this very effective method. It’s easy, doesn’t take long and will make the whole process much less painful.
So if you’re constantly dreading the task of cleaning your oven, check out the step-by-step instructions for this simple cleaning method below. You’ll thank yourself later!
Items You Need To Clean The Oven
You probably won’t even need to leave your house to get these things. Chances are, you already have the ingredients you need around your kitchen.
2. Spray bottle
3. Baking soda
6. Small bowl
Directions To Clean The Inside Of Your Oven
Believe it or not, it’s this easy. The key is letting the mixture set so it can do its work overnight. That way, the next day you won’t even have to scrub a thing!
1. Take out the oven racks.
2. Mix a few spoonfuls of baking soda and water in a bowl. This will create a paste.
3. Spread the paste on the inside of the oven. Don’t worry if the paste turns brown; it’s supposed to!
4. Let it sit overnight (for at least 12 hours).
5. The next day, take a wet rag, and wipe off as much of baking soda paste as possible.
6. Add some vinegar to a spray bottle. Spray it on all the surfaces where there is still baking soda paste. Wipe off the vinegar with a rag.
7. Place the racks back in the oven and turn the oven on a very low temperature for 15-20 minutes. This will help everything dry.
Before you know it, you’ll be left with a sparkling clean oven!
Directions To Clean Your Oven Window
1. Create another paste by combining baking soda and water.
2. Apply the paste on the window and let it sit there for 30 minutes.
3. Use a clean rag to wipe off the paste and get the window sparkling.
Just like that, the oven window will look as spotless as the newly cleaned interior.
How To Clean The Oven Racks
Real Simple says the best way to clean metal racks is to take them out and soak them in boiling water with a bit of dishwashing detergent.
Leave them for about two hours, the scrub with a stiff brush. Once they dry, you can return them to the oven.
If you still have some of that baking soda and water paste, you could use that with the vinegar on your racks as well.
How Often Should You Clean?
The more often you clean your oven, the easier it will be. Generally, cleaning your oven every 3-6 months or so will keep it looking like new and ready to bake!
Will you try using this method the next time you clean your oven?