If you love macaroni and cheese (who doesn’t) you’re going to love these mac and cheese muffins. This recipe combines my three favorite things: pasta, cheese and a little kick. If I had to describe these bites on one word, it would be this: amazing.
Simply combine the ingredients, toss in a muffin tin and bake and presto – you’ve got a satisfying appetizer, delicious side dish to a classic meal, or a snack to tide you over until dinner.
Want to get fancy? Add some shredded chicken or ground sausage (pre-cooked) to jazz it up with additional protein and flavor.
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup hot sauce
- 8oz (1/2 oz.) uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 cup cheddar
- ½ cup Parmesan
Garnish: Chopped scallions (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cook macaroni noodles according to package instructions. Set aside.
- Put breadcrumbs, cheeses & butter in a bowl. Mix gently.
- Place ¼ cup of breadcrumb mixture into muffin tins. Press and shape in tins to make little bowls.
- Mix spicy flavoring in a bowl, set aside.
- Mix macaroni filling: noodles butter, cheddar and Parmesan in a bowl.
- Add spicy flavoring to macaroni filling. Mix well with a spoon.
- Put 2 tbsp. mac & cheese mixture into breadcrumb bowls.
- Bake 20-25 minutes.
- Remove & sprinkle chopped scallions to garnish.
Pin it for later: