You Have To Try This Easy And Delicious Stuffed Potato Bites Recipe
Every time I have people over for a party, I make these mini stuffed baked potato bites. They’re full of flavor, easy to cook and I receive a lot of compliments every time I make them.
The best part about this appetizer is you can make them the day before and refrigerate overnight. Then simply pop them in the oven for a few minutes when you’re ready to serve. This lets you party-prep and clean up the day before your guests arrive.
When our guest list includes kids who are picky eaters, it’s really easy to whip up two batches: plain ones with just potatoes and cheese, and then the “adult” version below.
- 1 1/2 pounds small red potatoes
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 tsp. seasoned salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tbsp. chives, chopped
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3/4 cup parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place potatoes in a saucepan, and add enough water to cover.
- Bring water to a boil and cook the potatoes until tender but still firm (about 10 minutes).
- Drain potatoes and cool in a bowl of cold water.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon in a skillet over medium-high heat until evenly browned. Drain, crumble and set aside.
- Remove potatoes from bowl of water. Pat dry with paper towel and cut each in half.
- Using a melon baller or small spoon, scoop out the middle of the potato. Leave 1/4 inch of the rim around the potato. Place the scooped-out halves onto a cookie sheet.
- In a bowl, mix:
- Scooped-out insides of potato
- Sour cream
- Seasoning salt
- Spoon small amount of the stuffing into each of the scooped out potatoes.
- Top each potato with shredded cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and potatoes are warmed through.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.
Pin it for later: