How To Make A Leprechaun Trap For St. Patrick’s Day
This is such a cute craft idea for parents and teachers to help children get into the spirit of St. Patrick’s Day. Best of luck catching leprechauns in your home!
- Green paper or green paint
- A magic cauldron
- Metallic gold spray paint
- Natural sticks or popsicle sticks
- Glue gun
- Cut out a hole in the lid of the shoebox for the Leprechaun trap
- Wrap the shoebox in green paper or paint green
- Spray paint pennies and cauldron gold
- Craft a ladder out of natural sticks found outside or popsicle sticks
- Attach gold coins to the top of the box, and make a trail to lure him in!
- Make a sign for “free gold” to further sweeten the deal
Get the full instructions more fun crafting ideas at Creekside Learning.
Here’s another cute one: when the leprechaun climbs up onto the trap, he falls through the fake floor. This clever idea is from marshmallowmudpie.