These Oven-Baked Pickles Will Be Your New Snack Obsession
Baked, not fried!
If you love deep fried pickles, you’ll love this recipe! These pickles are baked, and trust me, they taste just as good as the fried stuff.
For this recipe, you don’t have to pull out a vat of oil, but you still get the crunch factor. The use of panko crumbs gives you a nice breading on the outside, with a burst of garlic-dill pickle flavor as you take a bite.
And the best part? It doesn’t take very long to make. So gather up those pickles, get to baking and enjoy!
1. Dill pickle spears
2. 1 egg
3. A few sprigs of fresh dill
4. 1 cup panko crumbs
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a food processor, combine panko crumbs and dill until well mixed. Pour bread crumbs onto a plate.
3. Break the egg into a bowl and beat.
4. Remove a pickle and pat with paper towel to remove some sodium.
5. Dip pickle in egg and then coat in breadcrumbs.
6. Place coated pickle on foil-lined cookie sheet. Repeat until all pickles are coated.
7. Bake for 15 minutes, flip, and bake for 5 more minutes.
8. Broil for 1 minute until they brown, watching carefully.
Will you give this oven-baked (not fried!) pickle recipe a try?
Written by Tijani Jackson and originally published on Shared.