This Red Wine Brownie Recipe Makes ‘the Most Decadent Brownies You’ve Ever Had’ (Video)
Happy National Wine Day!
Red wine is such a good addition to just about any dinnertime meal, but what if I told you that baking with it is an option? You might say “You’re crazy!” but really, just wait until you try this Red Wine Brownies recipe.
These are the most decadent brownies you’ve ever had, with a delicious wine kick in both the dough and the glaze. If you’re a dark chocolate lover, you will adore this dessert. Eat these rich brownies alongside a glass of wine for the ultimate night of relaxation (don’t forget to keep these away from the kids!).
For the brownies
- 1/4 cup Merlot
- 4 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into pieces
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
For the Merlot glaze
- 2 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons Merlot
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small pot over low heat, melt the butter and chocolate together until smooth.
- Add the wine and whisk until fully incorporated and remove the pot from the heat.
- Add the eggs and whisk to combine.
- Add the sugar and vanilla and stir to combine.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder and salt and stir until smooth.
- Transfer the batter into a 9×9 tin foil- or parchment-lined baking pan and place it into the oven for 25 minutes and bake until done.
- While the brownies are baking, melt together the semi sweet chocolate and butter for the glaze. Once melted, whisk in the wine and set aside.
- When the brownies are done, let them cool.
- Once cooled, drizzle the glaze over the brownies and spread it on top using an offset spatula.
- Dust with confectioner’s sugar if desired.
Written by Tijani Jackson and originally published on Shared.