These 5 DIY All-Natural Pesticides Will Keep Bugs Out Of Your House
Lavender and basil sound so much nicer than harsh chemicals.
Uh-oh. There’s a fly in your soup. And ants on the carpet, cockroaches in the bedroom and spiders crawling all over the pumpkins.
Instead of going to the supermarket and buying brand-name pesticides, you can make your own all-natural version. Who wants to spray harmful chemicals all over their house anyway? With these all-natural pesticides, you can keep bugs out without risking the safety of your pets and children.
Follow these DIY recipes to make sure none of these critters enter your house this fall.
Anything sugary can attract ants, and these pesky critters can crawl all over your house if you’re not careful.
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 30 drops of essential oils (tea tree or peppermint)
- Mix ingredients in a spray bottle.
Even though these creatures are designed to survive the apocalypse (and keep WALL-E company), you can prevent cockroaches from infesting your house with this simple recipe.
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons of tea tree oil
- Mix ingredients and spray.
Let Charlotte spin her web somewhere else.
- 1 tablespoon of peppermint essential oil
- 1 cup water
- Mix in spray bottle.
- Spray weekly on doors and windows.
4. Fruit Flies
If you’re scared that your bananas will encounter the wrath of fruit flies, take these measures to stop the annoying problem before it starts.
- Mix water and red wine vinegar in a glass.
- Cut the bottom of a coffee filter to create a funnel. Place coffee filter in glass on top of the mixture.
- Put glass on the counter and wait a few days to collect the fruit flies.
To make sure your home a no-fly zone for mosquitoes, set one of the following plants near the entrances to your house:
Check out this video produced by HomeAdvisor for more information about DIY all-natural bug repellents.
We were not paid to write this story. The products and services mentioned below were selected independent of sales and advertising. However, Simplemost may receive a small commission from the purchase of any products or services through an affiliate link to the retailer's website.