How To Make Your Own Copycat Starbucks Bistro Boxes At Home
Save money but get the same snackable experience you love.
One of the easiest ways to make sure your eating habits stay in check is to focus on eating a healthy breakfast and lunch each day (if not dinner as well!).
If you are eating on the go, and you find yourself at Starbucks, you may be tempted to pick up a sandwich and a bag of chips. But what you need to be reaching for instead is one of their Bistro Boxes.
Better yet, you can be making these for yourself at home! In these neat little lunch packs you’ll find fruits, veggies, cheeses, and sometimes even half of a sandwich. These all seems like little snack foods that wouldn’t necessarily fill you up, but when eaten at one sitting, you’ll find yourself feeling very satisfied until dinner.
I know first-hand just how delicious these are, but what makes them even better is how easy they are to recreate in your own kitchen. Here’s what you should include in order to build out each box:
Cheese & Fruit Bistro Box:
- apple slices (pick your favorite kind)
- a few slices of brie cheese
- gouda and cheddar cheese, cubed
- whole-grain crackers
- dried cranberries
- roasted, unsalted almonds
PB&J on Wheat Bistro Box:
- peanut butter (Starbucks uses dry-roasted peanut butter) and strawberry jam on harvest wheat bread
- apple slices (again, pick your favorite kind!)
- Greek yogurt-based ranch dressing and baby carrots
- low moisture, part-skim mozzarella string cheese
- cucumber slices
- chocolate-covered raisins
Protein Bistro Box:
- apple slices (are you sensing a theme here?)
- a hard-boiled egg
- red grapes
- mini wheat pita (or substitute a couple pita slices)
- mild white cheddar cheese slices
- honey peanut-butter spread (substitute regular peanut butter if you’re short on time or don’t want to buy another type)
Cooking Light points out that even if you don’t have a container to keep everything separate, you can use cupcake liners to make sure everything stays in its place. And that’s just pure genius, if you ask me.
They say variety is the spice of life, that’s exactly why Bistro Boxes are so fun to eat. Once you’ve got the ingredients on hand at home, you’ll have nutritious, delicious and non-boring lunches to last you the entire week—no trip to Starbucks required!