1 Simple Trick That May Help You Fall Asleep Faster
Counting sheep, drinking a glass of milk, turning off electronics thirty minutes before bedtime, using a fan or app to create white noise, taking sleeping pills…these are all ways people try to help them fall asleep faster.
What you might not know is that your body temperature plays a factor in helping you fall asleep. Your body naturally starts to cool down before bedtime.
Sticking a foot (or both feet) out from under the covers is an easy way to help your body cool off.
Because your feet don’t have hair, they naturally cool faster than other parts of your body. Give it a try and let us know what you think.
Here are 5 other ways to help your body cool off:
- Freeze your top sheet and put it on right before bedtime
- Freeze a stuffed animal and tuck it between your knees
- Use a fan to circulate air around the room
- Purchase a cooling pillow to help naturally draw the heat away
- Soak your top sheet in cold or ice water and ring out out well. As it dries, it will help wick away heat.
Photo by john|tyler